Current Major Funded Projects
Space-based data streams for updating and enriching Victoria’s Foundation Spatial Data, SmartSat CRC and Victorian Government,
2023-2024, Dr Andrew Mellor, Prof Matt Duckham, Kate Williams, Dr Chayn Sun
This project investigates the opportunity to combine space-based data streams with advanced spatial data fusion and machine learning techniques to increase the quality and speed of maintaining and enriching Victoria’s spatial data while reducing the ongoing cost. The project outcomes will better address industry and community needs, for example, supporting Digital Twin Victoria (DTV) users who are looking for ever higher resolution, accuracy, and currency in 2D, 3D and 4D.
Past Major Funded Projects
- INDEX: Intention and Explanation for Fusion of Uncertain, Noisy, and Dynamic Spatial Data, The Defence Science and Technology Group, Australian Department of Defence
- 2022-2023, Prof Matt Duckham, Prof Tim Miller, Dr Yuan-Fang Li, Prof Bill Moran, Prof Allison Kealy, Prof Gholamreza Haffari, Dr Maria Vasardani
- NEXUS: Explainable and Unified Spatial Reasoning and Sensor Fusion, The Defence Science and Technology Group, Australian Department of Defence
- 2020-2022, Prof Matt Duckham, Prof Allison Kealy, A/Prof Flora Salim, Snr Research Fellow Maria Vasardani, Prof William Moran
- RISER: Resilient information systems for emergency response, Australian Research Council Linkage Projects
- 2012-2016, A/Prof Matt Duckham, Dr Allison Kealy, Prof William Moran, Dr Kevin Tolhurst, A/Prof Christian Vecchiola, Dr Andrew Rawlinson, Prof Larry Smarr, Dr Sarah Harris, Dr Juerg von Kaenel.
- See: http://riser.net.au
- From environmental monitoring to management: extracting knowledge about environmental events from sensor data, Australian Research Council Discovery Projects
- 2012-2015, A/Prof Matt Duckham, Dr Allison Kealy, Dr Kai-Florian Richter, A/Prof Stephan Winter, Mr Stuart Kininmonth, Asst Prof Alexander Klippel, Dr Patrick Laube, Mr Jarod Lyon, Dr David Medyckyj-Scott, Dr Tim Wark.
- See: http://ambientspatial.net/amsi/senseknow/
- Artificial intelligence meets wireless sensor networks: Filling the gaps between sensors using spatial reasoning, Australian Research Council Discovery Projects
- 2012-2015, A/Prof Jochen Renz, A/Prof Matt Duckham, A/Prof Sanjiang Li.
- Talking about place: tapping human knowledge to enrich national spatial data sets, Australian Research Council Linkage Projects
- 2010-2013, A/Prof Stephan Winter, Dr Matt R Duckham, A/Prof Timothy J Baldwin, Dr Allison N Kealy, Dr Lawrence Cavedon, A/Prof Lesley F Stirling, A/Prof Abbas Rajabifard.
- See: http://telluswhere.net.
- Internet of Things testbed for creating a smart city, Australian Research Council LIEF Projects
- 2012–2013, Palaniswami, Mendis, Taylor, Chung, Pathirana, Buyya, Leckie, Duckham, Nandagopa.
- Ambient spatial intelligence: Spatial analysis and event detection in environmental geosensor networks, Australian Research Council, Future Fellowships
- 2009-2013, Dr Matt Duckham.
- Automatic fusion of geoinformation: The intelligent geomediator architecture (iGMA), Australian Research Council Discovery Projects
- 2006-2009, Dr Matt Duckham.
- CEWAY: Cognitively ergonomic wayfinding directions for location-based services, Australian Research Council Linkage Projects
- 2005-2008, Dr Stephan Winter, Dr Matt Duckham, Dr Lars Kulik